“HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can’t believe that it’s already 2013 and that January is already coming to an end. Time flies wayyyy too fast when you’re having wayyyy too much fun.
This time last year, I announced to the WORLD about my new dream & project (now company) Surfista Travels – Philippines. It was received with a lot of support, great reviews and feedback and of course LOVE and still does. It’s been a year of a LOT of hard work, lessons learned, ups & downs and surprises. I experienced things – personally and for my business – I couldn’t have imagined in just the first year and am so happy with how things turned out. I am so THANKFUL to those who have been there for me & believed in me, to friends & strangers who have encouraged & inspired me, to sponsors like BREO who have helped support my lifestyle, to the ones who have understood the actual hard work, sleepless nights & sometimes tiring back-to-back trips that comes along with it. I couldn’t have done it without them.
I can’t believe it’s been a YEAR!!!
Now it’s a new year and this year I’ve actually made a resolution list / goals for 2013. (I didn’t get to write any last year since I was so busy setting up my company on its first year.) Let me list them down and share them with you (I’ve never shared my resolution list in public before!) and hopefully when I look back on this blog post at the end of the year, I’ve accomplished most, if not all of them.
ELAINE’S 2013 RESOLUTIONS / GOALS / DREAMS / WISHES:
– Surf better. Be braver. Improve in every way I can. Ride a shorter surfboard. (They’re so much easier to travel with!)
– Do a much better job with the Surfista trips. Keep on improving the quality and fun factor!
– Go somewhere abroad. Preferably somewhere cold (so I can wear Autumn/Fall clothes. Hey, it’s always greener on the other side of the fence.)
– Do more rock climbing. It’s such good exercise for my arms that can help for my surfing.
– Read more intelligent books instead of Instagram (I am such an addict!)
– Read more books in French and Spanish.
– Write, journal and blog more.
– Learn when to say yes and when to say no – whether it comes to my personal life or in business decisions.
– Keep trying new things. Discover more surf spots in the Philippines.
– Spend more time with my friends – especially with those who have been there since the beginning.
– Learn to cook (this has been in my list every year!!)
– Be kinder to other people even when I don’t feel like it. But keep my bulls**t detectors on.
– Be an even better and more awesome BREO HERO!
Hope you all have an awesome year ahead and I can’t wait for more exciting adventures to happen!”